I am an affiliate for both Kartra and ClickFunnels. I may get compensation for purchases made after clicking links on this page. I’m an affiliate for both, so you can be sure this is an honest review!
There are a ton of funnel builder tools out there. So many, in fact, that it can be hard to know which ones will give you the best chance success.
The truth of the matter is, that if you focus on one system, you will see greater and greater success over time.
It doesn’t matter what kind of product you sell. It can be coaching programs, eBooks, drill bits, coffee mugs, or high-ticket consulting. You need to focus and you need to make sales.
With all that said, certain systems do lend themselves to better suit your needs, depending on what those needs are.
That is why in this article we compare Kartra vs. ClickFunnels to give you an overview of pricing differences, feature differences, and how you can use each one to create automated systems and more sales in your business.
First, before we start running through pros and cons of each funnel builder system, let’s start at the basics and take a look at what a sales funnel is, in case you don’t know.
WHAT IS A SALES FUNNEL?
A sales funnel is a representation of the customer journey, or the steps someone has to take to become your customer.
Your sales funnel portrays the path prospect’s take.
Having a liberal knowledge of how your sales funnel works can help you identify the leaks in the funnel, and patch any holes to increase conversion rates.
The main idea of a sales funnel is to get a visitor to find your content, educate them, turn them into a lead, and then eventually into a buyer.
Let’s say a visitor reached your website via Google. The visitor becomes a prospect.
After the visitor has read that post, you make an offer towards the bottom for a free resource. They enter their email and sign up, and are now on your email list. You now have a lead.
Once the visitor has become a lead, you now have the chance to market to the customer outside your website. You can email them any time with more added value and other offers they may like and will be willing to pay you for.
The sales funnel becomes narrower as visitors continue to move through because you will gain more prospects at the top of the funnel, but less people will opt-in than visit, and less people will become buyers than those that opt-in.
Generally speaking, there are four-sales funnel stages, and there is an acronym that will help you to remember them easily.
The Acronym is AIDA which stands for Awareness, Interest, Decision and Action.
Each of the four stages requires a different form of content from you. This is because you don’t want to send the same messages every step of the way. People are in different parts of their buyer’s journey and should be treated as such.
AWARENESS: This is the very first moment you grab the visitor’s attention. It might be a Google Search, a tweet from Twitter, or a YouTube video. Your prospect becomes aware of your business and the type of products you offer. They will begin consuming your content.
INTEREST: Once you have the visitor’s attention, the consumer reaches the interest stage. The consumer will then begin to research and form their opinions. This stage becomes the perfect stage to offer further content that will help them and capture their email with an opt-in.
DECISION: The decision stage is when the visitor has finished thinking over his options on how to solve their underlying problems and will make a decision on what solution to purchase. The visitor might still be considering some factors, so now is the right time for you to make your best offer to the consumer.
ACTION: In the action stage the customer takes their action based on research made in the decision stage. The customer buys your product and becomes a customer to your business.
DELIGHT: While not mentioned above, you still want to add this 5th bonus stage to your funnel where you continue to add value, and make offers to people who have already purchased from you. You have gained their trust enough to make a purchase, so keep marketing to them and teaching them more as they move through their customer journey.
WHAT IS KARTRA?
Kartra is a drag-and-drop funnel builder, an email campaign builder, an autoresponder, and also a membership site builder.
It is an upsell system, a shopping cart, a video marketing system, a help desk, and a ticketing system that includes live chat and advanced automation funnels, all rolled into one.
It gives you pre-written marketing campaign templates and copy based on the most successful and powerful online marketing campaigns.
The Pros of Kartra
1. Easy to Operate: One cool thing about Kartra is that it’s easy to use. You press a button and have a complete funnel done within a minutes. If you want to build an email list, and then have an automated system that sells to this list, there is no problem. Kartra has a built-in list building campaign that you can set up instantly by clicking a button.
2. Pre-written copy: You have access to pre-written copy. Kartra will create your sales pages and program your email follow-up system to keep making offers to your new subscribers until they make a purchase. This is because the campaign you create comes with pre-written copy. You’ll never be wondering what to say ever again. It’s like having a world-class copywriter handling your big ideas.
3. Kartra video hosting: With Kartra video hosting, there is no need to find another platform to host your video sales letters. The good thing is that all of these features are available in all the available plans. Even the basic plan has all these features available.
4. All the plans offer full access to Kartra’s various tools: All the plans in Kartra allow users to have full access to all the available tools. This is perfect for both new and seasoned marketers who are willing to test the features of Kartra.
5. Handy tools: There is no need to use any other external tools other than Kartra. Kartra provides numerous features where you can even schedule events via the Kartra Calendar and provide excellent support using the helpdesk.
The Cons OF Kartra
1. Kartra landing pages are difficult to link up to sales pages.
2. Although Kartra’s funnel editor is good, it is no more advanced than other modern builders like Clickfunnels.
Now let’s talk about Kartra pricing plans. All the plans do have all apps available. Whatever it is, they’re given to you. You are just limited within each app based on the plan that you end up purchasing.
Kartra pricing starts from $99.00 per month. Unfortunately, Kartra does not have a free version; it does not offer a free trial. You can get a $1, 14-day trial though, if you attempt to leave the website. You can also use this secret side page to get access to the 14-day trial. You will get a popup offering the trial. Other than that, it offers four major bundles: Starter, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
An overview of each of the major bundles:
STARTER: The starter plan costs $99 per month. For the starter plan, you will get access to some features of Kartra. For example, if you would like to run email campaigns, you only have 15,000 emails to send per month.
SILVER: The Silver plan costs $199/mo. This type of bundle gives users the chance to access all the Kartra features, including unlimited pages to create and sell products. It also has an email capacity of 12,500 leads per month.
GOLD: The Kartra Gold plan is most recommended for established markets. It costs $299/mo, gives you 5 custom domains and up to 25,000 leads per month.
PLATINUM: Platinum plan is $499/mo. You get up to 10 custom domains and up to 50,000 leads per month.
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels has risen up as one of the frontrunners in funnel building programs. Anywhere you go to learn about sales funnels, ClickFunnels is likely mentioned.
ClickFunnels seems to have come out of nowhere, but the reality is that the founder, Russell Brunson, is very good at what he does, so the success of the company was not by accident. Because they are so knowledgeable about funnels, they love to share their knowledge in books and trainings.
The ClickFunnels software allows you to sell a product or service in a way that will get you more money, but also makes raving fans out of those paying you.
ClickFunnels is a simple drag-and-drop funnel builder, so there is no need for you to be tech-savvy before you can make use of it. Non-tech savvy people can go in and start building their funnel in minutes.
You can include upsells, which add value to prospects as they go through your funnel, and also adds more revenue from each person who goes through your cart. There are also order bumps, which are smaller additions people can add to their order with one click.
This simple, drag-and-drop funnel builder, and the education provided by the team at ClickFunnels, has the potential to transform your business.
Pros of ClickFunnels
Here are some really helpful features that ClickFunnels has that make it one of the best among its rivals.
1. You can start a 14-day trial at no cost: . All you do is type in your credit card credentials and there’ll be no payment taken for the first 14 days. After the 14 days, you will then be charged for the chosen plan.
2. Integration of many third-parties: One advantage of ClickFunnels is its integration with a lot of third-party software. These include other cart programs, WordPress sites, among others.
3. One click upsells feature: With this feature, there is no need for your customer to enter their payment credentials again. Once their payment is in your system, all they have to do is just click the upsell and their card is automatically charged.
4. Everything is organized easily in a simple dashboard and gives a lot of templates to work with. You can also share your funnel templates with the click of a button, not only providing value to others, but also getting affiliate credit for those who sign up for ClickFunnels after using your sharefunnel link.
5. A user-friendly interface: ClickFunnels offers its clients an intuitive user interface that is recommended for beginners with less experience in the handling of digital marketing. The easy drag-and-drop builder make it easy for even non-techies to build a successful funnel.
Cons of ClickFunnels
1. Unable to host videos: Unfortunately for the ClickFunnels platform, you won’t get the opportunity to upload videos directly, but you can embed videos from streaming platforms such as YouTube.
2. Fewer membership plans: ClickFunnels is one of the best platforms but the site builder has a few membership options, and you may hit your restrictions quickly if you are growing your business fast.
ClickFunnels has three primary pricing packages. The packages are the Basic, Platinum, and Two Comma Club X plans.
Below is an overview of the various plans.
STANDARD PLAN: The standard plan is ClickFunnel’s basic bundle. It gives clients access to explore all the available tools with the exception of follow-up funnels. You get a few trainings in FunnelFlix, but you need to upgrade to access most of the training they have to offer. The ClickFunnels Standard plan costs $97 per month.
PLATINUM PLAN: The Platinum plan comes with unlimited pages and funnels, as well as 3 sub users, 9 payment gateways, and the option the use up to 10 domains. You also get access to follow-up funnels which allows you to reconnect with your audience after they leave your funnel. You also get hours of additional training in FunnelFlix. The platinum plan costs $297 per month.
TWO COMMA CLUB X PLAN: If you are ready for super high-level stuff, you can upgrade to this highest ClickFunnels plan at $2,497 per month. Here you get everything in Platinum, but with 10 sub users, 27 payment gateways, 27 domains, and very very high level trainings within FunnelFlix. This package is truly for those power users in the Two Comma Club X.
Kartra Vs ClickFunnels: The Best Funnel Builder Is…
With both of these funnel building tools, there is no need to know how to program anything. You don’t have to worry about integrating a bunch of complicated stuff or know how to build a website. Everything is all done and set for you.
But besides the basics they have in common, there is a huge difference between the two that make one easily come out on top.
1. Whether you are selling someone else’s product through affiliate marketing, or trying to sell your own product, ClickFunnels was made for you. Their easy to use builder along with their top-of-the-line training (in FunnelFlix) makes sure that you not only have the tools you need, but the knowledge to succeed.
2. ClickFunnels also provides more flexibility in regards to your products. There is the ability to add a ton of integrations from third-parties such as Orderlytics, AppTrends, Shopify, AliExpress, and others.
3. The ability to duplicate funnels, as well as the enablement of sharefunnels allow you to easily duplicate successful funnels, and also be able to share funnels with others are a valuable business asset that works great in any offer stack.
4. Unlike Kartra where you cannot use multiple domains in the basic-level account, with ClickFunnels you can start out with 3 domains on the starter plan. This allows you to have 3 very separate products of your own to sell in 3 different funnels, or allows you more room to get off the ground in building your funnel agency.
Depending on what you are looking for, one funnel builder may stick out to you as better than the other.
I always trend towards ClickFunnels because I love the knowledge they provide and their passion for what they do.
Either way, I hope you now have a better understanding of Karta vs. ClickFunnels, and that you can make an informed decision where to start.