Disclaimer: I am a bCast affiliate and may get commissions for purchases made after clicking links on this page. I also use bCast to host my Master Sales Funnels podcast, so I have had some really good experience in using them.
In my experience over the past year, bCast has been an excellent platform for hosting my podcast. They listed my show in all the major directories for me, and they’ve been working hard to make platform upgrades over time.
Don’t know how to start a podcast? bCast can help you with that!
Listening to podcasts is one of the easiest ways to learn new things and it all started in 2004.
It was the year when Adam Curry and Dave Winer developed a program called, iPodder for Apple iPods.
The program lets users download radio broadcasts to their iPods and that was when podcasting started to become a thing.
Podcasting has become one of the fastest growing tool for learning especially on the business industry..
In case you didn’t know, the business genre is one of the most popular categories in podcasts.
Since there are thousands of podcasts available in this genre, people are listening to them to get ideas on how to be successful.
It is basically the best place to get expert advice from notable businessmen.
And if you’re an entrepreneur, podcasting is also a great way to promote your business.
Podcasting also helps you build connections with your customers since it doesn’t require much effort compared to reading.
In this article, we will be talking about what a podcast is and which tool can help you get started in podcasting.
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is a digital audio file that’s available for streaming or download that allows users to listen to it anytime and anywhere.
Users can listen to a podcast on a website, mobile app, or smart speaker.
Usually, a podcast series features at least one or two hosts that discuss a specific problem or topic.
The hosts aim to provide entertainment, humor, and education to their listeners.
It’s like a talk show for the ears.
According to research, millions of Americans are listening to podcasts in a month.
And since it is one of the easiest to learn new things from experts, the podcast industry will keep on growing.
What is bCast?
bCast is a podcast hosting software that has amazing features specially made for marketers.
The hosting software is created by tom Hunt and Neil Morgan to help their fellow marketers earn extra income.
Usually, a typical podcast host uploads episodes on different platforms.
bCast, on the other hand, is way different since it turns your podcasts into something profitable.
bCast not only generates income for your podcasts, but it also has useful features such as:
- Audio Inserts - allows users to insert audio on any platform through editing while promoting.
- Auto Optin - easily converts your podcast into leads.
- Transcription - automatically transcribes your audio content into written content for Google.
- One Click Submission - helps you distribute your podcasts to different platforms in one click.
- Custom Domains - lets you feature your podcast website on your own domain to build more traffic.
- Guest Notifications - guests will be automatically notified whenever you upload a new podcast episode.
- Podcast Website - automatically creates a podcast website for you that links back to your domain.
- Publish to YouTube - automatically uploads your episodes in a few steps.
- Integrated Affiliate - bCast’s generous affiliate program that generates commissions per customer.
- Email Optin - helps you convert listeners into leads easily.
- Headliner Integration - lets you create short videos with the Headliner App.
- Private Podcasts - lets you create private podcasts for specific users.
bCast offers a 14-day free trial and different plans that provides ultimate user experience:
- Starter - best for beginners and it only costs $15 a month with 1 podcast, unlimited storage and up to 10,000 downloads.
- Growth - costs $35 a month with 3 podcasts, unlimited storage and 50,000 downloads.
- Legendary - costs $75 a month with unlimited features.
- Starter - costs $144 annually
- Growth - costs $336 annually
- Legendary - costs $720 annually
PROS and CONS of bCast
- Amazing Features
- Responsive and reliable support team
- Has automatic functions
- User-Friendly Interface
- Best for Beginners
- Very Affordable
- I would previously said lack of analytics, but with a recent update there is a lot more information provided
Is a podcast different from a radio show?
Radio shows are broadcasted live while podcasts are pre-recorded audios that can be uploaded on different platforms.
Anyone can listen to podcasts anywhere compared to radio shows that are only available in the geographical area they serve.
Why Choose bCast?
bCast is best for entrepreneurs who want to get into podcasting without having a hard time.
It is great way to generate income on your websites while generating extra traffic.
Plus, bCast has special features that you can’t easily find on other hosts.
We highly recommend bCast since we use it on our website and our experience with it has been amazing ever since.
Tips on starting a podcast with bCast
The podcast industry is booming in today’s world and it’s undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to get customers.
Why? Well, it’s because it is very accessible and you can listen to any podcast even without the internet.
The first thing that you should do when starting a podcast is to develop a plan.
Think of a topic that your target market might find interesting.
Something that you’re passionate about and good at.
Then do some research about that topic to give you a quick refresher and as well as get updates about it.
It is also important that you have a name that’s concise and attention-catching to encourage more listeners.
The next step is to have your equipment set up.
You’ll be needing a microphone, headphones, and a pop filter.
It’s that simple!
If you have a guest host on your podcast, you may invite them personally or virtually using Zoom, Zencastr, or Squadcast.
Don’t forget to write a script, so you’ll have a guideline and not screw things up while recording.
Next, set up a place to record and start recording.
Then, edit your podcast using your editing software of choice.
You can choose from:
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Audition
Then, create an appropriate feature image that will attract listeners on your podcast.
Lastly, have a podcasting hosting tool with the best features, like bCast, to help you distribute your podcast on different platforms.
Having bCast as a podcast host is essential to grow your audience and it also helps you manage your podcasts easily through their dashboard.
Excited to start podcasting? Click here to join bCast now!