Tracking results is essential as an affiliate marketer.
With the right tracking software, you can keep tabs on your success and track your progress over time.
Get the best tips and advice on how to maximize your chances of success in affiliate marketing through our online course.
Most affiliate networks already have their own tracking software, but if you want to take an in-depth look at how your campaigns are doing on the internet, then an affiliate tracking software might come in handy.
Whether you’re measuring clicks or conversions, keeping track of your progress is key to improving your success rate.
By using tracking software, it provides you with information on your affiliate marketing campaigns, so you can make informed decisions about where to allocate your resources.
What is Affiliate Tracking Software?
Affiliate tracking software is a must-have tool for affiliate marketers who want to measure the success of their campaigns and optimize their efforts.
Interestingly, merchants also use tracking software to manage their own affiliate programs and track the performance of their affiliates.
These software programs provide detailed reports on important metrics in affiliate marketing including:
- Track conversions: Tracking software can help you understand how many people have converted into customers as a result of your affiliate marketing efforts. This way, you can identify the best strategies for increasing your conversion rate.
- Track the number of clicks: Tracking software also helps you determine the number of clicks that your campaign has generated. This can help you determine if your affiliate marketing efforts are converting well or if they need improvement.
- Detect fraud: Detecting fraud in affiliate marketing has also become essential as the rise of online fraud has become a threat to many online businesses and affiliates. With fraud detection, you can monitor your campaign for fraudulent activities and save your business from unnecessary losses.
- Generate tracking links: Tracking software can also generate tracking links to your affiliate marketing campaign, which will help you monitor its progress. This can help you determine whether your campaign is succeeding or not.
- Generate reports: Tracking software can also provide you with data that will show you the performance of your campaigns. Such reports can help you analyze your affiliate marketing campaign and make necessary adjustments.
- Track source of clicks: Tracking software can also help you track the source of clicks on your affiliate marketing campaign. This will tell you where your visitors are coming from and how they got there.
Affiliate tracking software also lets you track other metrics such as browser type, device, OS, etc.
Take note that some of these metrics may be trackable, while others are not, depending on the tracking software being used.
What is a tracking link in affiliate marketing?
A tracking link is a unique identifier that allows affiliates to track the clicks and conversions of their promotional links.
Usually, a tracking link can include information like: Affiliate ID, Merchant ID, Domain, SubID, etc.
Pros and Cons of using Affiliate Tracking software
When it comes to online marketing, most people would agree that affiliate tracking software is an essential tool for success.
But what do you think are the pros and cons of using affiliate tracking software?
Here’s a brief overview:
- Affiliate tracking software can help you measure your marketing efforts by calculating how many sales were made through your affiliate links.
- You can also track your performance on different affiliate programs you’ve joined, which can help you determine which ones are performing well and which ones need improvement.
- Some affiliate tracking software offers advanced reporting capabilities, so you can quickly see how your traffic has changed over time and which channels are driving the most traffic to your site.
- It can take time for you to learn the different features of the software and how to use them effectively.
- Some affiliate tracking software can be too expensive for affiliate marketers on a tight budget.
The Most Common Affiliate Tracking Software Used By Affiliate Marketers
Tracking software for affiliate marketers is a crucial part of any successful online marketing campaign.
There are many different tracking software options available, so make sure to choose one that meets your specific needs.
Here’s a look at some of the most popular types of tracking software and what they can do for affiliate marketers:
Voluum’s comprehensive tracking capabilities make it a great tool for affiliates who want to track their progress and develop the best strategies for growth.
The platform offers detailed reports that provide insights into a campaign’s performance.
Additionally, Voluum has a special feature that allows you to automate campaigns to maximize results.
Overall, Voluum is a versatile tool that can help affiliates track their campaigns both efficiently and effectively.
Post Affiliate Pro
Post Affiliate Pro is a very popular tool for affiliate marketers who want to maximize their profits and track their campaigns closely.
It’s simple to use and provides a comprehensive tracking system that allows affiliates to keep track of their campaigns, conversions, and earnings.
With Post Affiliate Pro, affiliates can quickly set up an account and start tracking their earnings without any fuss.
The program also has other features that make it perfect for affiliates who want to track their traffic sources, conversion rates, and other key performance indicators (KPIs).
Binom is another excellent tracking software for affiliate marketers.
It helps affiliates keep track of online marketing activities and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns.
The software also offers a variety of reporting features that make it easy to see how their efforts are helping them reach their goals.
Trackier boasts a wealth of features that can help affiliates track their conversion rates and optimize their campaigns.
It comes with conversion rate optimization features that help affiliates improve their CTR and ROI.
In addition to tracking data, Trackier also includes a built-in fraud prevention tool that helps protect affiliates against fraudulent activity.
Link shorteners are another great way to track the performance of affiliate links.
They make it easy to keep track of the links you have shared and how many people have clicked on each link.
Here are a few of the most popular link shorteners out there that you can use:
Choosing a tracking software: Factors to consider
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing tracking software, so it’s important to choose one that satisfies your needs.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
The first thing to consider is the features of the tracking software.
Some programs offer more comprehensive tracking capabilities than others.
Make sure to find one that has all the features you need to track your campaigns and commissions accordingly.
2. Ease of Use
Another important factor is how easy the software is to use.
Make sure that you find a program that is easy to navigate and understand, so you don’t have to spend time figuring out how it works.
3. Integration With Other Programs
It is also important to choose a tracking software that is compatible with your other affiliate marketing tools.
Many tracking software platforms offer integrations that make it easy to integrate your affiliate marketing programs with other tools.
The cost of the tracking software will play a role in your decision.
Some programs are free while others may have limited features or require a paid subscription.
5. Reporting capabilities
Some programs only offer basic reports that may not be enough for your needs.
Look for a program that will also give you detailed reports about your conversions, clicks, and revenue.
Finally, look for tracking software that has good customer service. so that whenever you run into problems, you can easily get answers from the company easily.
What are cookies in affiliate marketing?
Cookies in affiliate marketing are small files that a website sends to a computer when someone visits the site.
The computer then stores the cookies so the website can recognize the person who visited the site later on.
This allows websites to keep track of who has been visiting their sites and what pages they have looked at.
In affiliate marketing, cookies are used to track how many people have clicked their links and how much money they made after someone clicks and makes a purchase on an affiliate link.
Does Google Analytics track affiliate links?
Google Analytics is a website analytics tool that many bloggers and internet marketers use to keep track of their website’s traffic.
However, Google Analytics does not track affiliate links, which means that if you have an affiliate link on your website, GA won’t track activities that happen on that link.
New to affiliate marketing? Join our online course today!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have been involved for years, our course has something for you.
Our Affiliate Marketing to $10K course covers everything you need to know about affiliate marketing, from the basics to more advanced techniques.
With our help, you’ll be able to create a successful affiliate marketing strategy, increase your traffic, and so much more.
Plus, we’re also offering a free digital workbook that includes the best tips to help you learn more about the different aspects of affiliate marketing.